Do you have a hard time falling asleep at night? Here are some simple tips to reduce insomnia.
- One of the best things you can do is follow a consistent routine — waking up and going to sleep at the same time daily.
- Exercise in the morning and avoid exercising at night, especially 3-4 hours before going to bed.
- Keep to a relaxing evening ritual — reading, a soothing bath, listening to soothing music.
- Avoid using your electronics 2-3 hours before you go to bed. Cell phones, televisions, computers, and other electronic devices emit a blue light that can interfere with getting a good night’s rest.
- Check and make sure your room is at the right temperature. If your bedroom is too warm, you might find it hard to fall asleep and stay asleep. Try a temperature between 65-70 Degrees F.
- Take a warm shower or bath. Afterward, as your body cools down, it can send a signal to your brain it’s time to sleep.