Start the New Year with sustainable nutrition. This Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Winter Beets recipe is loaded with color and crunch and makes a fantastic nutrient-packed dinner side. They're also great in a salad! Packed loads of healthful goodies including Vitamin B6 (brain function and great in dealing with stress), Vitamin C (formation of collagen and other health benefits), magnesium (Alzheimer’s prevention and other attributes), potassium (aids internal organs and digestive function), and iron (healthy blood), you're sure to love the taste of these sublime veggies as well as the health benefits.
Roasted Brussels sprouts & Winter Beet Recipe
2 red beets, peeled and diced (or cut into half moons)
2 golden beets, peeled and diced (or cut into half moons)
1 6 or 8 oz. bag of Brussels sprouts – cut in half or quarters
1½ c. sweet potato cubes
extra virgin olive oil
Herbs de Provence to taste
garlic salt & pepper to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Place all cut veggies in a large bowl and drizzle a little extra virgin olive oil over the top.
- Add in seasonings and mix well.
- Drizzle & spread a little extra virgin olive oil over a cookie sheet.
- Place veggies out on the cookie sheet making sure they are not overlapping.
- Roast veggies in the oven at 425 degrees F for 20-25 minutes until a little soft, crispy and golden.
- Serve immediately as a dinner side (or warm or cold in a salad).