Do you spend your day sitting at your work desk? While it may be necessary for your job, you don’t have to be sedentary. Research shows that a sedentary lifestyle can be deadly causing an increase a person’s risk of heart and circulation issues, muscle strength, and other ailments. Even if you exercise regularly, too much sitting during the day can be detrimental.
So, what can you do?
Here are some five simple exercises to get things moving.
- Shrugs – Raise both toward your ears and hold for a few seconds. Repeat several times.
- Seated Toy Soldier – Sit up tall and extend your right arm all the way up towards the ceiling. Straighten your left leg out and raise it as you bring your right arm down and try to touch your left foot. Do 8–10 on each side.
- Bobblehead – Drop your chin to your chest and gently roll your head around from side to side
- Knee Hug - With a bent knee, lift your right leg and grab it with your arms and pull it in as close to your chest as you can. Hold for 5–10 seconds, follow the same procedure with your left. Repeat several times.
- Squats - Stand up at your chair, then sit back down and repeat 15 times.
CURE - Live & Look Your Best.